Are you thinking to give a stylish and modern touch to your house using attractive windows? Make sure that you hunt for the style and design that not only best suit all your needs, but also suit best with the interiors of the rooms they are to be installed in. While hunting for the best window type for your house there are a lot of factors that you should take into account. Some of these factors are- control of light, privacy, the place, size, shape, and of course colour choice. Along with these factors, the louvers and tilt rods positioning also play a vital role in the selection of window types for your houses.
Which window to choose and which not, creates a huge confusion in the buyer’s mind. Therefore, a large number of designs have taken place in the market for the same. Every single pattern can be customised according to the taste and preference of the buyer. The most used windows can be classified into four categories, i.e. UPVC, aluminium, timber and secondary glazing.
There are a lot of benefits attached to all materials used in making windows for your house. Their advantages will narrow down your choices and will help you to select the best one for your house. Let us know the reasons why should a homeowner choose any one from these categories:
UPVC: They are made up of polyvinyl chloride polymer along with different additives and stabilisers. These windows are aesthetically pleasing for every house type. You can choose them for your house because of the following reasons:
- They’re made up of stable materials and therefore are water and pollution resistant.
- They need regular cleaning as they do not rot or fades. They’re strong and durable and require less maintenance.
- It works as a good insulator.
- They are chemical proof, dust proof and sound proof.
- They’re light weighted.
- They’re also available in many designs and colour options.
Aluminium: The aluminium windows are popular in the UK and are best suited for domestic, commercial and heritage use. They can become a perfect part of your house because of the below-listed advantages. Let’s have a look at a few of them:
- Reduces carbon footprint.
- Able to meet energy efficiency standards.
- Available in a wide range of finishes including powder coating, anodising treatment and much more.
- It is environmentally sustainable material and thus can be recycled.
Timber: You must be looking for something best for your house, timber windows might be the one. There are many reasons to choose them, here are listed some:
- The service life and warranties of these windows can be extended to a lifespan of over 60 years.
- Timber is a natural substance, therefore, the furniture made using this are eco-friendly and naturally renewable.
- It offers outstanding performance and comfort for you and your home.
- It is carbon neutral and offers comprehensive warranties.
Secondary Glazing: It is a supplementary glazing that is used inside of a single-glazed window to reduce noise and heat. It can be permanent but is often used as a temporary measure. These windows are used because of the following reasons:
- The secondary glazing helps in reduction of noise.
- It can reduce heat loss from the house.
- It enhances the security of the house by offering an additional barrier to the windows.
- It promotes a pleasant environment inside the house.
- It is environmentally sound.