Factors To Consider When Buying Clamping Handles
Clamping handles hold materials in place with downward force and are ideal for tool-free fastening and manual adjustments especially in tight spaces. Adjustable handles offer flexibility in positioning required in applications for limited spaces and they also are designed to offer the operator enough comfort when using the handles. These handles are easy to operate; by simply lifting the handle body and rotating to the desired location and releasing, you are able to complete the task at hand.
There is a huge range of the clamping handles and you can get one with tapped inserts or threaded studs, or clamps with colored release buttons or those with colored handles. Most of the choices are a matter of personal preference, but there are some that can affect the functionality of the handles, hence care should be taken when buying your adjustable handles. Here are some of the factors that you should have in mind in order to make the most suitable purchase.
1. Size – Clamping handles come in a wide range of sizes and you must make the right one for the applications you intend to use the handles on. When looking at the size, you should also look at the length and width of the handles. Adjustable handles are the best because they make it possible for you to adjust as appropriate to suit the application at hand. Aim to get handles that can work on a variety of tools and applications to get the most value from your purchase.
2. Color – Black remains to be the most standard color, but you may also find other colors to match your preferences. The color does not interfere with the functionality of your handles so it is simply a matter of what appeals to you the most. Some models have colored handles whereas other could come with colored release buttons. Simply select what works for you best.
3. Handle material – This is very important because it directly determines how comfortable your handles feel when using them. The material can also determine how strong and durable the handles are. The market has a wide range of materials for the handles including stainless steel, cast aluminum and cast zinc, steel and ABS plastic and others. Consider each material option and weigh between pros and cons of each before choosing the best.
4. Component materials – The best component materials are those made with stainless steel or steel because they are durable and last long serving your fastening needs for a long time without any disappointments. Black oxide steel has also become a very common and popular component material because of the good value it offers. Make a choice that you can fully rely on.
5. The style – Clamping handles are in different styles and you should think about the style you are about to settle for and how beneficial it is for the kind of applications you have in mind. Some of the most common styles include cam lever, classic ball, female, fold away and projecting stud as well as revolving handle.