We all love having a space we can call our own. One that is designed around our taste and needs, and which suits our decorating style but is functional with little upkeep. Be it inside or out, having that perfectly designed space is a must have that can make a house feel more like a home. And, with today’s busy lifestyle that place to escape is more important than ever.
One way people are now finding to turn a forgotten about space into a sanctuary is by resurfacing a concrete patio or basement and having a stamped concrete surface. Thanks to the numerous choices you have in stamped concrete, it is a viable option when creating your space. Consider these benefits of a stamped concrete floor:
· Pattern and color options – Because the stamped concrete is made at your location, you can select whatever elements you wish to create a space that reflects your taste, style, and interest. Whether it is a patio that looks like it flows directly into your pool or garden, a place that reflects the landscape or even a rendering of a piece of artwork – the design is only limited by your imagine (and perhaps your budget and location!).
· Easy maintenance – Because it is a solid surface, and has been sealed, you don’t have to be concerned about grit or dirt getting in between the crevices, as you would brick or pavers. Plus, unlike wood, you don’t to worry about termites or other wood. In addition, the colors will remain beautiful for years to come. The only maintenance needed, is the occasional coat of sealing.
· Adds to your resale value – While plain concrete might be appealing, decorative concrete will bring a bigger return on your investment. Better yet, it cost less to install than many other patio or flooring choices available.
· Eco-Friendly – Installing a stamped concrete area means that lumber is not needed and that regular maintenance using solvent-based wood stains and sealers are unnecessary.
· Quick installation – Of all the types of patios to install, decorative concrete is the quickest to put in because is goes down like a slab of concrete, and requires less labor.
A stamped concrete floor may seem and unusual approach to designing the perfect retreat space, but it might just e the ideal solution for your home’s layout. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and have the beauty of a stamped concrete. Talk to a local concrete pro today.